Welcome To Flint's Diggers

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome To Flint's Diggers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Member and a Question for all of you Guys and Gals

2 posters

Go down

New Member and a Question for all of you Guys and Gals Empty New Member and a Question for all of you Guys and Gals

Post by jezzowhat Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:52 pm

First off-Hello to everybody and a hearty thanx to Flint for such a great site! I have been detecting for over 20 years,I started off with a Whites 5900 di pro sl. Many detectors later I was just wondering which detectors you like or have had the best results with for jewelry hunting in parks and the like. I am pretty much confined to parks and schools where I live for hunting and the places have been beat pretty hard for coins so I started concentrating on jewelry,adapt to the conditions I thought Very Happy .It seems that the jewelry has been overlooked by most, but the best results I have had is with a Garrett GTI 1500 I picked up used 3 months ago. 2 10k gold rings, 7 silvers,some junk ones and a few silver chains.Numerous clad also. I know it does not run at the best frequency for gold but coupled with a set of "killer b" headphones I can tell the difference between a pulltab,slaw or a piece of jeweley most of the time by the length and strength of the tone.I love this thing! Anyways-thanx again!

HH

jezzowhat
New Digger
New Digger

Back to top Go down

New Member and a Question for all of you Guys and Gals Empty Re: New Member and a Question for all of you Guys and Gals

Post by idigid Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:24 am

Welcome. I'm new also but have been detecting for years. I have a 5900 like yours and a 6000, and an etrac. I had various detectors over the years but the 5900 was my favorite till I got the etrac. Now the poor thing is just standing in the corner of the garage. I also had a Fisher 1212x that was a silver beast. Turn the DISC all the way up and all it would find was silver dimes, quarters, halves and dollars, Some jewelry and an occasional oddball copper scrap. IdigId

idigid
New Digger
New Digger

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum