Welcome To Flint's Diggers

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome To Flint's Diggers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pinpointers

3 posters

Go down

Pinpointers Empty Pinpointers

Post by Quest Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:12 pm

Can anyone give me some advice about which pinpointers are good and which ones to avoid? I heard the Vibra Probe is a good one.

Quest
New Digger
New Digger

Back to top Go down

Pinpointers Empty pinpointer

Post by Flints Detecting Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:50 am

vibra probs are not bad at all i have one and love it! my father has one and hates it...lol the whites bulls eye is ok they don't last to long. what kind of detector do you have? and thanks for the post i guess i need to make a pinpointer page :-)
Flints Detecting
Flints Detecting
Admin
Admin

http://www.flintsdetecting.com

Back to top Go down

Pinpointers Empty Re: Pinpointers

Post by Quest Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:17 pm

I have a White's XLT. I heard the White's pinpointers have a lot of broken switch issues.

Quest
New Digger
New Digger

Back to top Go down

Pinpointers Empty Yes

Post by Flints Detecting Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:34 pm

they always have i had the first model and it broke 2 weeks after i got it. i bought a new one and it's ok but still very week. if you go out alot and dig alot of holes i would go with the vibra probe for sure they are strong and can get right in the hole with no problem
Flints Detecting
Flints Detecting
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Quest Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:22 pm

What do you think about the Garrett Pro-Pointer? It says it has more depth than most pinpointers.

Quest
New Digger
New Digger

Back to top Go down

Pinpointers Empty depth

Post by Flints Detecting Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:15 am

Well depth the way i look at it can be good or bad when it comes to pinpointers. The reason i say this is because you sometimes don't want to have a pinpointer that as soon as you stick it in the hole it beeps because then it's just telling you what you already now that the thing your looking for is already in the ground..lol the garrett says that the signal gets stronger the closer you get so after you us it a few times you should be able to know exactly how much farther and in what direction you need to go. I have never used a garrett pointer myself but I did look it up and it looks great. the fact that it's not a big box like the whites is a very good thing so you can keep your holes small and get the pointer right down in there. I would say it would be worth buying. When i get back from Iraq I'll get on so i can try it out. thanks for the post hope i was some kind of help
Flints Detecting
Flints Detecting
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NiagracountyNY Sun May 30, 2010 10:12 pm

My sun Ray is being repaired right now...So i have been using my vibra probe.I dont wanna knock the vibra probe but i am LOST without my sun ray!Besides not getting the depth,I cant tell if i am picking up iron or other junk in the hole(which happens alot on old sites,2 or 3 chunks or iron mixxed in) or if i am picking up my target.The Nice thing with the Sun Ray is it runs thru your Detectors ,so you know exactly what u are picking up.I can hear the nails and my coins/relics and tell them apart by tone.Once u use a Sun ray you will wonder how u ever got along without it!

NiagracountyNY
Zinc Penny
Zinc Penny

https://www.youtube.com/user/NiagracountyNY?feature=mhw5

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum