Welcome To Flint's Diggers

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome To Flint's Diggers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The craziest thing you have ever been asked while detecting?

+2
leslie(nova scotia)
Flints Detecting
6 posters

Go down

The craziest thing you have ever been asked while detecting? Empty The craziest thing you have ever been asked while detecting?

Post by Flints Detecting Sun May 23, 2010 8:07 pm

What is the craziest thing you have ever been asked while metal detecting? Like "Are you METAL DETECTING?, Have you ever found human bones?"....LOL like a bone is going to set off a high tone and give you a great # on your VDI... So whats yours? tell us what the craziest thing you have ever been asked while metal detecting?? Laughing
Flints Detecting
Flints Detecting
Admin
Admin

http://www.flintsdetecting.com

Back to top Go down

The craziest thing you have ever been asked while detecting? Empty Re: The craziest thing you have ever been asked while detecting?

Post by leslie(nova scotia) Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:47 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....did in fact find a dead guy while detecting...heard a crash and when Landmine Wade and I vacated the field to have a look he was dead. Motorcyclist who we found out later was dead of a heart attack before he hit the pavement.

Craziest thing...a gold tooth in bridework...fellow lost it while swimming...found it in 15 minutes!

leslie(nova scotia)
War Nickel
War Nickel

http://landofthebluenose.proboards.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

The craziest thing you have ever been asked while detecting? Empty Re: The craziest thing you have ever been asked while detecting?

Post by Flints Detecting Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:12 pm

that is one small target..LOL was he going to try to have it put back in?
Flints Detecting
Flints Detecting
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RecoveringRelics Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:58 pm

Someone told me you cant put that (my metal detector) in water when I was in the water metal detecting. I looked at them and I got a signal. It was pretty funny. I think if it was getting a signal, it can go in water!!! Haven't really been asked much, I'm just asked what I found.

RecoveringRelics
New Digger
New Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by Flints Detecting Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:30 pm

RecoveringRelics wrote:Someone told me you cant put that (my metal detector) in water when I was in the water metal detecting. I looked at them and I got a signal. It was pretty funny. I think if it was getting a signal, it can go in water!!! Haven't really been asked much, I'm just asked what I found.
LOL couldn't have asked for a better tie to get a signal.. lol!
Flints Detecting
Flints Detecting
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sscindercoop Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:23 am

Are you looking for pennies, Did you lose some thing, Are you digging for dinosaur bones? My funniest experience was detecting a park and there was still snow on the ground and a guy was watching me detect an all of a sudden he comes running towards me yelling something carrying something in one hand and a knife in the other. So I quickly take my headphones of and I hear him yelling I found an old quarter. I thought he was just being stupid and at the same time I was nervous because he had a knife. Now they guy has made it over to me and he is yelling so loud that he is making a scene. He starts telling me to look its a real old quarter how much is it worth he just used his pocket knife to pry it out of a piece of ice hes telling me. So a little leary I rerach for the quarter and I see that its a new state quarter I started to laugh a little as I broke the news to em. Man he was so embarased it was to funny. lol!

sscindercoop
War Nickel
War Nickel

Back to top Go down

Post by colorado14ers Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:26 am

one time a lady at the beach asked me if my detecor was a uni-cycle!? I said no it is a metal detector and it find metal in the ground. Another time i was aked if it was to find fish??!?!?!? I said nicely, no. some people asked the weirdest questions.

colorado14ers
New Digger
New Digger

Back to top Go down

Post by rrdigger17 Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:10 pm

I was detecting in front of a middle schol in my town and this older lady came out and asked " Are you spraying weed killer on the dandelions? cause i hate those darn things" Then i told her what i was doing then she did nothing but turn around and go back into her house.

rrdigger17
New Digger
New Digger

https://www.youtube.com/RRdigger17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down